Visa Update: Australia announces five major visa changes to support international students during coronavirus pandemic
In welcome news for international students many of whom are stranded offshore due to the COVID-19 induced border restrictions, the federal government has announced a raft of changes to visa arrangements to ensure Australia continues to remain a priority study destination in a post-pandemic world.
The five major changes include:
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
Read more information: click here
Planning to study in Australia, contact our counselling team to get information and free counselling.
Our services are free of charges.
LINE official account: @insightedu
Tel: 02 236 7222
Fill out our online form here. Our counsellor will contact you back directly.